The breadth of business improvement methodologies available in today’s market can be confusing for businesses looking to improve. Which methodology should the business choose? Which will suit their current environment and goals? This program takes away the confusion of choosing, by covering all the core business improvement methodologies.The program provides, amongst others, the fundamentals of Lean, Six Sigma and business process management.
Who Will Benefit
Business improvement leaders looking for a toolkit of methodologies to help them address varied business problems.
- What is a business process?
- Overview of the variety of methodologies
- Basic fundamentals of Lean and how to apply to a workplace problem
- Six Sigma DMAIC problem solving methodology
- Business process methodology
- Defining a business problem and applying the best methodology
- Measuring current and improved performance
- Identifying root cause
- Identifying solutions and implementing them.
Participants should be able to:
- Understand the background and application of the various improvement methodologies
- Understand and apply Lean to workplace problems
- Understand and apply Six Sigma to workplace problems
- Understand and apply process management
- Demonstrate the competencies for Green Belt level Lean Six Sigma project leader certification
- Understand which methodology is most appropriate for varying business problems.
The program will draw on case studies and examples from organisations that are already managing business improvement programs. Participants are encouraged to bring along their own examples and projects so that these may be discussed as part of the program.You need to be logged in to enroll in this course